Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Starting Over

2017 is here and one of my resolutions was to share my crafting with more people.

Here are the things I am doing to meet that goal:

- Use Instagram and Facebook regularly
- Plan, plan plan!  Plan posts that I am making on social media, and when they will be published
- Start a blog!  This is something I have done several times and never really kept up with it so I am putting it in writing right here - I plan to blog at least once per week.  Even if it is just a quick update of what I'm working on, I'm going to post a minimum of once a week.

So I thought I would start off the blog by introducing myself.

My name is Simone and I am wife to my darling husband Peter, and Mum to Timothy and Sarah.  They keep my life full of busyness, love and joy.

I started crocheting in 2008 when a colleague where I was working at the time started knitting.  I went with her to a discount store and saw a gorgeous Learn to crochet book.  I picked it up, along with a couple of hooks and a ball of yarn and just like that, I was hooked (pun intended!).

My first project was an elephant bib for my nephew.  Using acrylic yarn was not the best of ideas for a bib but I've slowly learnt and grown from there.  I consider myself an experienced crocheter, and love to make unique, one of a kind items.

I recently taught myself to knit and my first project was a hippo face washer for my sister.
I've now moved on to making a baby cardigan which I am really enjoying making.

You can find me on social media:

Etsy: www.yoellyhandmade.etsy.com

Instagram: @yo_elly_handmade

Facebook: www.facebook.com/yoellyhandmade

Until next week, 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment